Thursday, July 28, 2011

What is your choice? (devotion)

This is a post from a youth pastor in Florida who is battling cancer. It was listed on his facebook page Josh's Journey.

***

I had a lousy night last night and couldn't get to sleep until after 3am. But here is the good news. I was just talking with someone that also is going through her own battle with cancer. I told her that last night was a bad night for me. I was in pain and unable to even lay down until 3am. So today I am tired, my eyes are dry and I basically just feel bad. But I know that this is just one day and today is going to happen whether I am in a good mood or bad mood about cancer. I can choose to let it get me down and live in the negative or I can choose to be positive and use my situation to minister to someone today. It's my choice.


That is the truth guys. Whatever it is that you are going through you have a choice to be negative or to minister through it. What is your choice going to be today? On Tuesday, I was in a Bible study and we were taking about the book of Acts. I was reminded about when Paul and Silas were arrested for casting an evil spirit from a slave girl. After being severely flogged this is what the Bible says they did:

Acts 16:25

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

They could have been upset and in a bad mood but instead of living in their negativity, they were praising God. Guess what. As a result, people were saved. As a result of their willingness to minister during a tough time, there are people in heaven.

We have a powerful choice to make each day of our lives.

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

No comments: